Eagle Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) is a Philippine mass media network. Its main office is located at 25 Central Avenue, Culiat, Quezon City, 1128 Philippines.
On June 17, 1967, in accordance with the existing laws of the Republic of the Philippines; the 1935 Constitution; as well as Act No. 3846 (An Act Providing for the Regulation of Radio Stations and Radio Communications in the Philippine Islands); Act No. 3997 (Radio Broadcasting Law); and Comm. Act. No. 146 (Public Service Act); and other applicable laws, the Eagle Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) was granted a legislative franchise to establish, maintain and operate radio broadcasting and television stations in the Philippines.
On April 26, 1968, EBC began its humble operations with a radio station, DZEC 1062, featuring AM news and public service broadcasting. Operating in its former home in 882 Maligaya Bldg. II, EDSA, Quezon City, DZEC provided metropolitan and regional news to key areas of the country.
After the promulgation of the 1987 Constitution, with a different press and media atmosphere, EBC expanded its broadcast operations by launching DWDM 95.5, its own FM Radio Station.
During the late 1990s, having achieved a very respectable radio broadcast capability, EBC ventured even further by investing in TV broadcasting.
On April 23, 2000, EBC launched a television station, NET 25. Capable of 120 kilowatts of transmitter power (for a total of 7,896 kilowatts ERP), NET 25 boasts of the Philippines’ first trillion TV tower that rises to 907 feet above sea level, a state-of-the-art JAMPRO 48-panel antenna and two 60 kW Acrodyne transmitters. NET 25 began airing nationwide on three free TV stations in Manila, Cebu, and Davao and reaching farther through cable affiliates. NET 25 also began airing selectively via satellite through its partner agencies in the USA, Europe, the Middle East and in Northeast Asia.
In May 2011, EBC, mindful of its role in supporting the Philippine broadcast industry, began the operations of Pinas FM 95.5–the Philippines’ premier music station geared towards the uplifting of original Philippine music and the encouraging of Filipino talents in the music industry. Strategically partnered with its TV arm, Pinas 95.5 has a very competitive broadcast capacity.
In August 2013, EBC launched the integrated Eagle News Service–with correspondents in every corner of the country and with news bureaus in regional locations around the world. As of February 2014, it has correspondents in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Canada, the US, Japan, and Dubai.
To support its expanding network, and to better serve its audiences abroad, EBC on October 31, 2013, launched eagle news.ph, its online news portal, enabling the network to compete in a multi-platform format. This was later on followed by the launch of its video and audio live streaming on January 2, 2014, through which audiences can now view NET25 and hear DZEC Radyo Agila anywhere around the world, bringing to Filipinos abroad the good news from home.
Eagle Broadcasting Corporation:
Engagement Beyond Connections
The connection is said to be the energy created among men when they feel seen, heard and valued.
Eagle Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) is committed to making engagement beyond connections. Using its multiple platforms – television, radio and online – EBC is dedicated to inspire and enrich communities around to world through quality media content.
Engagement beyond connection means that EBC offers not only information that helps make people come up with informed decisions. It serves its audiences with entertainment that inspire them to aspire for the better quality of lives. It provides educational content that puts meaning to the more valuable things in life that people from all walks of life must focus on.
• NET25 – the television arm of EBC – is a media company that pioneered all-digital broadcasting in the Philippines. It is EBC’s main platform that gives access to quality programming guaranteed full of time-honored and good family values.
• NET25 presents strategic on-air programming in the areas of News, Current Affairs, Edutainment, and Kids.
• NET 25 is the flagship TV station of Eagle Broadcasting Corporation. Its studios, transmitters, and broadcast facilities are located at EBC Broadcast Center, 25 Central Ave., Diliman, Quezon City, 1101 Philippines.
• NET 25 began operations on April 23, 2000. It is on Channel 25 on terrestrial TV in Metro Manila, and with simulcast provincial stations broadcasting all of its programs via satellite over UHF Channel 46 in Baguio, UHF Channel 49 in Cebu, and UHF Channel 39 in Davao. This station is also carried by major cable operators in the country led by SkyCable, Cablelink, Destiny Cable and Cignal Digital TV.
• NET 25 reaches TV audiences on the Eastern and Pacific coasts, United States, Alaska and Hawaii and the whole of Asia including Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau (in Portuguese), Taiwan, China as well as Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Turkey, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, Monaco, Switzerland, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and the entire continent of Europe. NET 25 also reaches audiences in selective areas in the Middle East.
• On January 2, 2014, NET25 was launched in live video streaming over Eagle News PH (www.eaglenews.ph), EBC’s official news website. It can now be watched over 90 percent of the world via the internet.
VISION AND MISSION
The network’s vision is to become the premiere values-oriented broadcast communications network. Its mission is to inform, entertain and educate the public by providing high-quality values-centered programs that enrich life.
The station is dedicated to the growth and revolution of the new media era. It is created as a community and a resource – a center of values where its best practices can be explored and where vision and innovation are shared to build new opportunities that enrich life.
The station started its broadcast operations last July 27, 1999, and was officially launched in a multimedia exhibit dubbed Destination: PLANET 25 last April 23, 2000.
With its initial partnership with TechTV, NET25 was branded as the country’s first and only e-channel, the only television station that is devoted to providing information and entertainment on computing, Internet and information technology. With its current programs like Convergence, Tomorrow Today, NET25 remains to be the country’s premier TV network that is dedicated to the developments in the world of IT. Its station-produced program Convergence is the consistent No. 1 IT show in the Philippines.