Halab Today satellite TV - “The Pulse of Syrian Community”. An independent, non-profit, community-based media organization that commits to professional work standards. It focuses on what is happening inside Syria.
An independent, Syrian, non-profit, community-based media organization, which abides by the rules of professional conduct, funded by unconditional donations and aims to credibly convey the facts and information to the people in general, and to the Syrian society, in particular.
Who are we?
- Halab Today is a satellite television channel that started its broadcasting on 1/12/2011 to Syria and the Middle East. The channel evolved from an image viewer and two news tickers (operating within the city of Aleppo) into an integrated satellite TV station (located in Turkey), covering news and offering television talk shows 24/7 of broadcasting.
- Halab Today focuses on what happens in Syria only, however, the channel addresses the news abroad only if they are related to Syria.
- Halab Today is not a religious channel.
- Halab Today is a community channel that addresses all components of the Syrian society without discrimination.
- Halab Today broadcasts in Arabic language and provides one daily news bulletin in the Kurdish language.
- Halab Today is a non-profit organization that spends the entire income of donations (unconditional) on operational expenses.
- Halab Today is independent concerning its editorial decisions in addition to being committed to the professional principles, and one of the signatories of the "Ethical Charter" for the Syrian media as an ethical code.
- Despite the lack of recent inclusive scientific studies on Syria's media, a study conducted in September 2015 indicated that Halab Today satellite TV channel has more than 200,000 viewers in the two governorates (Aleppo and Al Hasakah) out of 14 governorates in Syria.
- Halab Today is viewed on social media by more than 4 million followers on its Arabic Facebook page along with a page in English and another in Turkish.